INA Bearings Company, a division of The Schaeffler Group, is dedicated to the production of high-quality bearings and other linear components, providing parts worldwide across a wide range of industries. Their line of precision products can be found in car engines, transmissions, and power trains.
One product INA Bearings Company is known for is their INA linear roller bearings. Linear bearings are bearing elements used in translation type motion. INA linear roller bearings are available as monorail guidance systems, shaft guidance systems with linear ball bearings, track roller guidance systems, flat cage guidance systems, guidance systems with linear recirculating roller or ball bearing units, and as driven units. INA Bearings also manufactures guidance systems on a miniature scale to be used in precision engineering applications.
Linear bearings most often use a pad, bushing, or roller system to carry a load on a rail that need not be a straight line. Rails can be essentially any length, but the dimension is limited by the actuator. The bearing’s durability is determined by load and speed required.
These linear motion bearings are designed to provide free motion in one direction in the application. They are used in most critical industry applications. They generate much less friction than sliding bearings tend to, so they can work with a small motor and drive system, as well as run at notably higher speeds. INA linear roller bearings also eliminate the stick-slip effect that can often cause issues.
Some common applications of linear rail systems and linear roller bearings are:
- Linear actuators– Linear rails offer up an ability to withstand moment loads, and can travel speeds up to 5 m/sec
- Gantry robots– In these applications, very good moment capacities can be actualized even though each axis only has one linear rail
- Overhead transport systems– High load capacity and rigidity make linear rails a great use in these applications
- Linear stages– Dual linear rails are often employed to ensure max stiffness and bearing life
- Machine tools– These require great travel accuracy and stiffness, and using two parallel rails helps with deflection
- And more
You can find INA linear roller bearings and more through ProSource Industrial, for all your application needs.