INA Bearings | Needle Roller Bearings
INA Bearing Company is a division of The Schaeffler Group. Dedicated to the production of extremely high-quality bearings and linear components, INA Bearing Company provides parts worldwide across an array of industries. Their far-reaching line of precision products can be found in car engines, transmissions, and power trains.
A Leader in Bearings
The leading bearing company got its start when Dr. George Schaeffler developed his innovative needle roller bearing with cage assembly. This was a groundbreaking development in the bearing industry, and helped to position INA on the cutting edge technology wise. The company still operates on the forefront of the industry, continuing to design and produce well-made, quality products and parts that are not only top of the line, but also cost-effective for the everyday customer.
Always Moving Forward
The Schaeffler Group's INA brand stands for the development and manufacturing of rolling bearings, plain bearings, and linear systems, as well as various other precision components for the automotive industry for engines, transmissions, and powertrains worldwide. For 60 years now, INA bearings have been instrumental in creative application solutions, offering top engineering and production expertise to INA customers.
At present, INA Bearing Company has 63 manufacturing facilities across the world, enabling them to keep their competitive edge within the bearings industry and in the global market. They manufacture and distribute a line of extremely versatile radial ball bearing inserts, INA cam followers with yoke or stud cameras and configurations to meet any application need, INA crossed roller bearings with an “X” style design to resist radial, axial, and tilted loads, INA cylindrical roller bearings, idler pulleys and sprockets, angular contact bearings, and more.
INA Bearings– A History
- 1883– In a technological breakthrough that forever changed bearing manufacturing, Germany-based Friedrich Fischer invents a steel ball grinding mill that allowed the production of perfectly round steel balls in large volumes.
- 1905– The FAG brand was registered in Germany.
- 1946– INA is founded by Dr. Wilhelm Schaeffler and his brother in Herzogenaurach, Germany.
- 1953– FAG's first North American manufacturing plant is established in Stratford, Canada.
- 1964– INA begins US operations in conjunction with Fafnir Bearing Co. in Cheraw, South Carolina.
- 1969– After INA assumed 100% control of its joint venture with Fafnir, INA Bearing Company is incorporated in Cheraw, South Carolina.
A Full Line of Bearing Products
Since they rolled out their industry defining signature product, the caged needle roller bearing, INA has been one of the industry’s most respected brands. One of the world’s leading industrial and automotive suppliers, INA Bearing Company boasts a full line of products from needle bearings to track rollers to ball screw support bearings and a portfolio of linear products as well.
Here at ProSource you can find myriad INA products such as:
- INA Linear Bearings– Linear bearings most often use a pad, bushing, or roller system to carry a load on a rail that need not be a straight line.
- INA Linear Roller Bearings– INA linear roller bearings are available as monorail guidance systems, shaft guidance systems with linear ball bearings, track roller guidance systems, flat cage guidance systems, guidance systems with linear recirculating roller or ball bearing units, and as driven units.
- INA Needle Roller Bearings– Needle roller bearings have a long track record as proven machine elements for the design of radially compact bearing arrangements with very high load-carrying capacity.
- INA Pillow Block Bearings– INA pillow block bearings (or plummer blocks) are pedestals used to provide support for rotating shafts with the help of compatible bearings and various other accessories.
- And much more!
Just use the "all products" search bar at the top of this page to search for specific INA bearings or parts by item number. If we don’t have what you need, let us find it for you!
INA Bearings Company FAQs
What are INA bearings used for?
INA Bearing Company provides parts worldwide across an array of industries. Their far-reaching line of precision products can be found in car engines, transmissions, and power trains.
What is INA Bearings Company most known for?
INA founder, Dr. George Schaeffler, developed the innovative needle roller bearing with cage assembly, positioning INA on the forefront of the bearing industry.
Are INA bearings any good?
Yes, currently INA rolling bearings and linear technology components are recognized worldwide for their high level of quality and reliability.
Where are INA bearings made?
Currently, INA Bearing Company has 63 manufacturing facilities across the world, enabling them to keep their competitive edge within the bearings industry and in the global market.
What do bearings do?
Bearings serve to reduce friction and allow for smoother rotation, while also cutting down on the amount of energy consumption necessary for applications.
What does the Schaeffler Group do?
Schaeffler, and INA, manufactures high-precision components and systems for engine, transmission and chassis applications as well as rolling and plain bearing solutions for a wide range of industrial applications.
What are 3 main components of a bearing?
Bearings often consist of two rings or discs with raceways, rolling elements in the form of rollers or balls, and a cage which keeps the rolling elements apart and guides them.
What are the most popular types of bearings?
The most popular types of bearings are probably ball bearings and roller bearings, and there are many subtypes of those types as well, each designed for use in various applications and conditions.
Are INA and FAG the same brand?
INA and FAG are brands of the Schaeffler Group and offer industrial products such as rolling bearings, plain bearings, linear guidance systems, maintenance products, and more.
What are X-life products?
“X-life” is the seal of quality for ultra-high performance products from INA and FAG, characterized by higher basic dynamic load ratings compared to conventional products, resulting in a longer rating life and operating life.
Why Choose Pro Source
Thousands of Brands and Products
From everyday parts to hard-to-find items, our catalog of products is vast. Can’t find what you need? No problem. Call us, and we’ll help you find it!
Legendary Customer Service
Our Chattanooga-based team is invested. We care about what we do, and we care about the customer. We won’t rest until you find the products you need.
Enjoy everyday savings when you shop ProSource. Not only do we have extensive inventory, but our prices are the best around!
Fast Delivery You Can Count On
We’ll get what you need boxed up and on its way to you pronto. No hassle. No worry. Just the products you ordered– shipped directly to you.
Net 30 Payment Option
Order right away, pay in 30 days. We offer net 30 payment opportunities for qualified buyers for quick and easy transactions.