Chattanooga Plain Bearings Available at ProSource Industrial
At ProSource we provide customers like you with the best plain bearings, bushings, and rod ends from various brands that can meet your application's needs. With our products, we deliver high reliability, long service life, and minimal maintenance. Plain bearings are used in many industries and across many applications where there is a need to cost-efficiently and reliably meet the challenge of oscillating movements and possible misalignment. From mining and construction equipment, farm and forestry machinery, all the way to forklift trucks and solar power equipment.
ProSource is Chattanooga's Trusted Plain Bearings Distributor
Plain bearings are anything but! What are they used for? They are:
- Suitable for heavy static and dynamic loads
- Capable of multi-directional movements
- Can eliminate edge stresses and excessive stressing of adjacent components
- Able to accommodate misalignment
- Able to accommodate deformation of surrounding components in operation
- Able to accommodate wide manufacturing tolerances and the use of cost-effective, welded assemblies
Plain Bearings Available at ProSource
Bushings- We offer bushings in various designs and from different materials. Regular bushings are suitable for rotating, oscillating, and linear movements, whereas straight (cylindrical) bushings can accommodate radial loads only and flanged bushings can accommodate radial and axial loads in one direction. Each combination of bushing design and material has characteristic properties and makes a bushing particularly suitable for certain applications.
Thrust washers- Made from PTFE and POM composites, thrust washers are perfect for applications with limited axial space, oscillating or rotational movements, where maintenance is not possible, or where lubricant starvation can occur.
Strips- Composite dry sliding strips are designed for applications where axial space is limited, maintenance is not possible, or where lubricant starvation can occur. Our strips can be bent, pressed, or coined to form flat linear guides and fit the application.
Rod ends- Rod ends consist of an eye-shaped head with an integral shank that forms a housing for a spherical plain bearing. These are typically attached to the end of a piston rod or base of a hydraulic cylinder.
Radial sphericals- This design is particularly suitable for accommodating alignment movements between shaft and housing, or where oscillating or recurrent tilting or slewing movements at relatively slow sliding speeds must be possible, often with heavy loads.
Angular contact sphericals- The sliding contact surfaces of these are spherical in shape and inclined at an angle to the bearing axis, and consequently these are well suited for accommodating combined (radial and axial) loads.
Thrust sphericals- With the bearing shaft and housing washers having convex and concave spherical surfaces, respectively, these bearings are intended to accommodate axial loads primarily, but also combined (radial and axial) loads.
Shop Chattanooga Plain Bearings Below
At ProSource we offer a wide variety of plain bearing options for different application conditions. Not only that, but we have a broad range of sizes available! Our assortment includes sphericals, as well as bushings, thrust washers, strips, rod ends, and pivot joints. Let ProSource help you find the right solutions for your particular applications.
Frequently Asked Questions
- What industries are plain bearings used in? They are used in many industries and across many applications where there is a need to cost-efficiently and reliably meet the challenge of oscillating movements and possible misalignment.
- Can thrust sphericals only handle axial loads? Those are intended to accommodate axial loads primarily, but also can handle combined (radial and axial) loads.
- Can your plain bearing strips be bent? Yes, our strips can be bent, pressed, or coined to form flat linear guides and fit your application.
- What are your thrust washers made of? Those are made from PTFE and POM composites.
- Where might I have seen a rod end before? Rod ends are typically attached to the end of a piston rod or base of a hydraulic cylinder.
- How do angular contact spherical plain bearings get their name? The sliding contact surfaces of these are spherical in shape and inclined at an angle to the bearing axis.
- When are radial sphericals best used? They are most suitable for accommodating alignment movements between the shaft and housing.
- What can plain bearings accommodate? They are able to accommodate misalignment, deformation of surrounding components in operation, and wide manufacturing tolerances.
We have a huge inventory of products in Plain Bearings. Please use the search bar to find the product you are looking for, fill out our Request Quote form or call (706) 529-4490.
Request a Quote
Why Choose Pro Source
Thousands of Brands and Products
From everyday parts to hard-to-find items, our catalog of products is vast. Can’t find what you need? No problem. Call us, and we’ll help you find it!
Legendary Customer Service
Our Chattanooga-based team is invested. We care about what we do, and we care about the customer. We won’t rest until you find the products you need.
Enjoy everyday savings when you shop ProSource. Not only do we have extensive inventory, but our prices are the best around!
Fast Delivery You Can Count On
We’ll get what you need boxed up and on its way to you pronto. No hassle. No worry. Just the products you ordered– shipped directly to you.
Net 30 Payment Option
Order right away, pay in 30 days. We offer net 30 payment opportunities for qualified buyers for quick and easy transactions.