SKF Self-Aligning Ball Bearings
SKF self-aligning ball bearings feature a two row design, with a common spherical raceway in the outer ring, and two deep raceway grooves within the inner ring. They come in both open and sealed varieties, and are insensitive to angular misalignment of the shaft as it relates to the housing.
Features & Benefits of Self-Aligning Ball Bearings:
- Can accommodate static and dynamic misalignment
- Excellent performance in high-speed applications
- Generate less friction than any other type of rolling bearing
- Require minimal maintenance
- Low heat generation for a lower bearing temperature
- Longer bearing life and extended maintenance intervals
- Loose conformity between balls and outer ring results in low friction and heat
- Exceptional light-load performance
- Low minimum load requirements
- Low noise performance
- Can lead to reduced vibration levels
SKF self-aligning ball bearings are used in a wide range of applications and industries including but not limited to the following.
- Industrial fans
- Food and beverage
- Material handling
- Pulp and paper
There are some design considerations to factor in when using SKF self-aligning ball bearings including ball protrusion, bearings on sleeves, bearings with an extended inner ring, and appropriate bearing housings. These aspects must be considered when designing for components that will need to operate in close proximity to the bearing itself. Be sure the bearing you select for your specific application will function properly within the confines of your overall system design.
Get all your SKF self-aligning ball bearings from ProSource. If we don’t have what you’re looking for, we’d be happy to find it for you. Contact us today!