Find SKF Ball Bearings Through ProSource
The SKF brand is all about progress and development. SKF is a global-leading industrial parts expert, bringing you the best SKF ball bearings and more through ProSource Industrial. There are many types of SKF ball bearings, each used for a different purpose in a wide variety of applications across industries.
SKF ball bearings are engineered to reduce rotational friction and support both radial and axial loads. The ball bearing achieves these functions by using at least two races to contain balls and transmitting loads through the balls. Ball bearings generally have lower load capacity abilities for their size than other types of rolling-element bearings because of their smaller area of contact between the balls and the races; however, they are great options in many applications because of their ability to tolerate some misalignment of the inner and outer races.
SKF manufactures many SKF ball bearing types including:
- Angular Contact
- Hybrid styles with ceramic balls
- Fractured Race
- Relieved Race
- Fully Ceramic Bearings
- And more
SKF Ball Bearing Type Breakdown
Below are some popular types of SKF ball bearings with a little more information about each.
- SKF Deep Groove Ball Bearings– Deep groove ball bearings are the most widely used bearing type, and are known for their extreme versatility. They have low friction, and are manufactured for optimal low noise and low vibration to enable high rotational speeds.
- SKF Angular Contact Ball Bearings– Angular contact ball bearings feature inner and outer ring raceways that are displaced relative to each other in the direction of the bearing axis. This design means these bearing types can accommodate combined radial and axial loads.
- SKF Insert Bearings or Y-Bearings– Insert bearings are based on sealed deep-groove ball bearings in the 62 and 63 series, but they have a convex outer ring and usually an extended inner ring with a locking device that enables quick and easy mounting to the shaft.
- SKF Thrust Ball Bearings– These bearings are manufactured as single direction or double direction thrust bearings, and are designed to accommodate axial loads only.
- SKF Self-Aligning Ball Bearings– This bearing type is designed to handle misalignment, with two rows of balls with a common sphered raceway within the outer ring. This permits angular misalignment of the shaft relative to the housing.
Work with ProSource as your SKF ball bearing vendor, and we can help steer you toward the right type of bearing for your specific application. If we don’t stock what you need, we can get it for you.