The Rexnord product line features a full catalog of performance parts including Rexnord couplings ball bearings, cylindrical roller bearings, filament bearings, sleeve bearings, spherical roller bearings, bearings parts and kits, conveyor components, bulk handling components, disc couplings, elastomeric couplings, fluid couplings, gear couplings, grid couplings, gear components, and more. Mose specifically, Rexnord has been providing customers with industry-leading, precision coupling solutions for more than a century now. These couplings offer quality, reliability, and easy maintenance, making them top choice for a wide range of applications and uses.
Rexnord Coupling Types
Coupling types fit into two main categories– Material Flexing and Mechanical Flexing. The material flexible types are made from a resilient material that can stretch and compress, such as rubber, or from the flexing of thin metallic discs or grid. Material flexing couplings, with the exception on grid couplings, do not require lubrication.
Mechanical flexing couplings accept misalignment from the rocking or sliding of metal surfaces, and all metal mechanical flexing couplings require lubrication.
Material Flexing Couplings
Material flexing couplings generally do not require lubrication, and operate in shear or compression and are able to accept angular, parallel, and axial misalignment. Types of material flexing couplings include jaw, sleeve, tire, disc, grid, and diaphragm couplings.
- Jaw Couplings– transmit torque through compression of an elastomeric spider insert placed between two intermeshing jaws
- Sleeve Coupling– transmits low to medium torque between connected equipment in shear through an elastomeric insert with male splines that mate with female hub splines
- Tire Coupling– these have a rubber or polyurethane element connected to two hubs with the rubber element transmitting torque in shear
- Disc Coupling– has torque transmitted through flexing disc elements, and operates through tension and compression of chorded segments on a common bolt circle bolted alternately between drive and driven sides
- Diaphragm Coupling– utilizes a single plate or series of plates or diaphragms for the flexible members, transmitting torque from the outside diameter of a flexible plate to the inside diameter, then again from inside to outside
Mechanical Flexing Couplings
Mechanical flexing couplings accept misalignment from rocking, rolling, and/or sliding of metal surfaces. All metal mechanical flexing couplings require lubrication. Some examples of mechanical flexing couplings include gear, grid, and roller chain couplings.
- Gear Couplings– transmit the highest amount of torque and the highest amount of torque in the smallest diameter of any flexing coupling type
- Grid Couplings– transmit torque and accommodate angular, parallel and axial misalignment from one hub to the other
- Roller Chain Couplings– used for low to moderate torque and speed applications transmitting torque and handling angular, parallel, and axial misalignment
Find all these Rexnord couplings and other components through ProSource Industrial today!