Torrington Bearings is a division of the great Timken brand, producing a wide range of bearing types and assemblies for various applications. Torrington needle roller bearings are a special roller bearing variation that makes use of long, thin cylindrical rollers that look like needles working together to reduce the friction of a rotating surface.
Torrington manufactures a complete line of needle roller bearing designs from 3mm to 160mm bore (⅛ to 6 ¼ inches). They produce drawn cup needle roller bearings, drawn cup roller clutches and bearing assemblies, thrust bearing assemblies and washers, heavy-duty needle roller bearings, track rollers or cam followers, engine bearings, precision needle rollers, planetary gear shafts, and precision pins and shafts.
Due to the possible combinations of roller complement orientation for needle roller bearings, cross section thickness and raceway construction needle rollers should be given extra consideration for potential roller bearing applications. Torrington needle roller bearings present an economical alternative in applications that require minimal space to carry a load at a desired speed. This bearing type can make the ideal choice because of their capacity to handle a given speed and load capacity while still maintaining the smallest cross section of all roller bearing types around.
Torrington also offers both inch and metric nominal bearings in popular designs from drawn cups to radial caged needle rollers to track rollers and beyond. Most of these types of bearings can operate directly on suitable machined shafts, or with a matching inner ring where this requirement cannot be conventionally met.
Torrington Needle Roller Bearing Types:
- Radial Needle Roller and Cage Assemblies– These types feature a steel cage that provides inward and outward retention for the needle rollers, providing maximum cage strength consistent with the high load ratings of needle roller bearings.
- Drawn Cup Bearings– With drawn cup bearings, the outer ring is in the form of a cup and accurately drawn. They are available in open ended as well as single closed-end designs.
- Machined Needle Roller Bearings– Available in a range of both inch and metric sizes, these bearings come with various features such as integral seals, side flanges, inner rings, oil holes, and with single or double caged sets of rollers.
- Track Rollers– Track rollers are designed with outer rings of large radial cross section designed to withstand heavy rolling and shock loads on track-type and cam-controlled equipment. Some have profiled outer diameters and others have cylindrical.
- Thrust Bearings– Thrust needle roller bearings and cage assemblies also come in a variety of sizes, both inches and metric. All types feature very small cross sections, and are available with either needle rollers, or with heavier cylindrical rollers intended for higher carrying loads.
- Combined Bearings– Combined radial and thrust bearings consist of a radial bearing, or needle roller bearing, and a thrust bearing, or a ball/roller bearing.
Shop all our Torrington needle roller bearings and more through ProSource Industrial!